High School Sports Zone (HSSZ) is owned and operated by Kevin Shaw. Kevin has a unique background and combination of interests in both information technology and high school sports. The idea for High School Sports Zone began in the Summer of 2008 when Kevin volunteered to develop an automated score reporting web site for his local high school athletic conference in Sarnia, Ontario. The LSSAA web site launched for the 2009 Spring season and in a very short time has become the main source of high school sports information for players, parents, coaches, school administrators, and the media in the Sarnia area.
The success of the LSSAA web site highlighted a need for an automated score reporting system for high school athletic conferences.
- Kevin has been teaching High School Mathematics and Computer Science for the past 10 years. He is currently employed at St. Clair Secondary School in Sarnia, Ontario.
- From 1998 until 2001 Kevin was a Computer Consultant for Allstream.
Some of his clients (and roles) included:
- Chapters Online - Developer
- Honda of Canada - Project Manager
- Choice Hotels Canada - Developer/Webmaster
- cleo - Market Research Analyst
- Honours Bachelor of Mathematics - Teaching Option, Minor in Computer Science, University of Waterloo, 1997
- Bachelor of Education, Queens University, 1997